Stuffing goes from ho-hum to waffle fun with this take on Thanksgiving’s favorite side dish!
Hands-on Time: 10 min | Total Time: 40 min | Serves: 12 | Difficulty: Easy
- 1½ cups water
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 box (6 oz.) stuffing mix
- 3 cups hot mashed potatoes
- 1 cup hot turkey gravy
- In 2 quart saucepan, heat water and butter heat until boiling. Stir in stuffing mix; cover. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush waffle iron with vegetable oil; heat waffle iron.
- Drop stuffing by ¼ cups onto hot waffle iron. Close cover. Cook 8-15 minutes or until golden brown and beginning to crisp. Remove from waffle iron with nonstick utensil. Repeat with remaining stuffing (may need to stir 1-2 tablespoons additional water into stuffing if crumbly).
- While remaining waffles bake, keep waffles warm in single layer of baking sheet in low oven.
- Serve each waffle with ¼ cup mashed potatoes and a spoonful of gravy.
Per serving: Calories 140, Calories from Fat 45, Total Fat 5g (8% DV), Saturated Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 10mg (3% DV), Sodium 500mg (21% DV), Carbohydrates 20g (7% DV), Dietary Fiber 1g (4% DV), Sugars 2g, Protein 3g, Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.